Monday, October 19, 2015

How I Edit my Images

There is a lot to be said about editing your photos and it can be easy to over process the image.

From the camera to the final edit there is a process that I go through to make sure that my images look clean and natural but also have a pop of color and depth to them.

The photos start in the camera. I try to get the best natural lighting during the shoot so I don't have to do a lot of messing with contrast and color in the office later. Most the time it works out, but there is always that one photo that you want to keep, but the lighting isn't right. In those situations a black and white image might be the best choice to save the photo.

Next, the images come out of the camera as a RAW file. This is where I an tweek the color and contrast so when I do my final color popping edit, I don't have to add a layer of dark or light color to the images. It saves me a lot of time in the office.

The last step and definitely the most time consuming is the final color pop edit. This is where I can get the blues to be more blue and the greens to be more green. I can give the image a depth that I wouldn't be able to just out of camera. I can also remove blemishes and background objects that don't need to be there. (So don't worry about that zit on your chin. It is easily removed.)

Here are a few before and after edits from my past sessions this year. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. THank you for sharing this before and after edits. I think they're great. Tell me please, which photo editing tool do you use? I can recommend you this one https://macphun.com/tonality.

    ReplyDelete