Tuesday, April 29, 2014

About the Artist

Portland OR / Oregon City OR Photographer

I started out my journey with a passion for Ballet. It was my life and my heart. I danced for 14 years trying my hand at all kinds of styles, but I was never as good at any of them as I was at Ballet. Alas, all good things must come to an end. I injured my back at the age of 18, now the only dancing I do is with my 3 boys at home.

Still, there was something that drove me toward the arts. My dance teacher always told me, dance like some one is taking a picture. Now, instead of dancing, I’m that someone taking the pictures.


My passion for photography has grown over the years, and has allowed me to let go of my dancer’s feet and begin molding my photographer’s eye. With the support of my loving husband and three precious boys I am able to still capture what I love through photos, and that is the heart of people.

I can't wait to meet you and capture your real life story.

Sara Henderson