Monday, October 26, 2015

Becoming a cell phone photographer ~The Angle

I wanted to share a short tip with everyone today that will help you get the most out of your cell phone photos and hopefully turn you into a better home photographer.

Everyone want to take great photos of their kids, but not everyone has a camera. And those who have a camera don't want to haul it around to the park and play dates. I know I don't want it getting in the way when I'm trying to spend some quality time with my boys.

Most the time you have a cell phone in your pocket or purse. Who doesn't these days? You get it out, you snap some photos, but they just don't look great. Here is your tip for the day - Change your angle!

I took a few photos with my cell phone to illustrate my thoughts.

This is a photo taken from above the subject. I was standing. See how all you see is the couch around my youngest. It's an ok picture.

Instead of standing above the subject, get low. Crouch down on their level and give the shot a new angle. This way your eye is drawn to the subject instead of them getting lost in the background.

Now, there are always exceptions to the rule, but give this a try and see how much your photography changes.

Now, for all of you who Instagram, don't forget to add a filter and share your photos :)


No comments:

Post a Comment