Monday, May 30, 2011

In loving memory 5-20-2011

One year ago I was preparing for the birth of my second child and still working full time to help support my family. The news came to me at work from my mom who said that my best friends nephew Justice was very sick and might not make it. I had never met the little guy but I felt like I had from the stories I heard from my friend. 
I don't know if it was hormones from being pregnant but emotions overflowed and I began to cry. I had to quickly force the tears back as customers came to my counter for help.
A few hours later my mom called again and she told me that Justice had passed away. For the second time that day I began to cry, but this time I let my emotions run free. I asked a co worker to cover my counter for me and I took a walk.
I could not understand how a small child no older then my first son could be taken from the earth and couldn't imagine what the family was going through.
So on this day, the 20th of May, we blow bubbles to remember the life of Justice and the smiles that he shared with those who knew him and those who didn't.


To read Justices story go to http://blakeybabies.blogspot.com/2011/05/may-20-2010.html But bring a tissue.





No comments:

Post a Comment